How do I properly install timing belt, balancer belt on H22A Engine? Please Help

Does anyone know where i can find more information on changing the timing belt(possibly with pictures) on an h22 properly. There are two main things i am concerned about:

What is the best way to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt?

Once i remove the timing belt, what happens if the crankshaft or one of the pulleys is rotated a full revolution without me noticing even if there is a mark, do i just realign the pulley with the mark or how do i make sure the it is aligned?

to my understanding the below procedures are the correct procedures to align the first piston to TDC and install timing and balancer belt.

  1. align the cams with the word top at top, tdc marks aligned with cylinder head upper surface
  2. align the groove on front balancer pulley with oil pump housing
  3. align the rear balancer pulley using the maintence hole with a bolt to 74mm scribed line
  4. turn crankshaft pulley one turn counter clockwise.

If anyone has anything else i should know that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Matt

Reply to
mjolson29

wrote

h22? Never heard of it. Is that in a WWII Panzer tank, or a Black & Decker weed whacker?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

"MasterBlaster"

Reply to