1992 Volvo 940 Turbo Stalls On Hot Restart

Hi everyone,

As the title of the post states, my 1992 940 Turbo stalls on hot restarts... it cranks just fine, but will sometimes just immediately stall. I have been getting around it by starting the car up and immediately holding the gas down at about 1000RPM until the engine gives a little boost and then normalizes. Car runs perfectly as soon as it stabilizes after ignition. I don't have this problem when it's a cold start (cold as in the car hasn't been started, not temperature wise).

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

RK

Reply to
rkohli

The fuel pump relay often does that. The relay is actually a double unit with the relays mounted to a circuit board inside. The solder on the board cracks and can cause failure to start when warm. Eventually it will give as much trouble when cold. If you are handy with a soldering iron repair is an easy DIY.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee