Help Please - Rover Vitesse (1994 petrol 2.0 dohc Turbo)

Hi I have posted this message a couple of days ago. Symptoms: Everything all ok from cold for about 8 miles, then a misfire/stall develops, on idle (stationary traffic) and on tickover the engine revs will suddenly boost fractionally from 850 to just over a 1100 - then tries to stall - any acceleration leads to the engine cutting out / loss of power. If I switch off the engine for say 5 mins, then the car will drive ok for about another

5/6 miles before the fault cycle starts over. One garage suggests a faulty fuel pump, the other a faulty catalytic converter.Toolman Tim suggested new rotor and distributor cap - this has been done - but no change. I have very little knowledge about car engines - any advice would be gratefully received. Also when I know the fault is there - I can "coast" the car as long as I keep the revs below 2000, as soon as I start to climb (Yorkshire Hills) the car stalls badly - but switching off the engine for 5 mins - then drives perfectly ok - turbo kicking in etc. Regards James
Reply to
james willsden

crank sensor or wiring to it

Reply to