1993 940t @ 300hp

damm...i checked out a 1993 940t @ our volvo club last night that is "pushed" up to 300 horse power ... running strong w/out any problems...it looked sweet...the owner has done some very interesting mods to it ... including a nice, big fat garrett turbo....he dyno'ed it for the hp readings...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Standard or auto transmission?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

standard...i have blown through 2 trannys so far on my 93 940t boosted almost to 250 hp...so i had to ask how many he had gone through....none, so far...we were chatting and fig'ed it may be due to the fact he is running a garrett turbo, it dosn't spool up as quick as the mitsui...but, comes on stronger over the long haul....i guess the mitsui is better at low end, or off the line....anyway...he is still on his stock tranny...so far, in my 940...that has been "the weakest link"...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I blew two M46 trannies, one cast iron and other Aluminum housing. It happened while I was in gear and accelerating hard on a cold day with 17lb of boost. Since than I switched over to T5 transmission from a five liter mustang. It is holding up rather well.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

boris...really..? that's interesting...did the mustang tranny "drop right in" w/out too many mods and changes? is it a auto or manual..? from what i gather...the over boosted

940t gets "sweeter" w/a manual tranny......
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

The Ford T-5 is a 5 speed manual gearbox. There's a number of websites out there detailing the conversion, it's not a simple drop in but it doesn't require extensive modifications either.

Reply to
James Sweet

You need an adapter plate made but there is help. Visit turbobricks. Overboosting really put spark into it.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

cool...thanx...if i go through this current tranny...i may consider the conversion.....so far, so good....i have been keeping the boost between 10-14psi...the car seems confortable and not too stressed there.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^