V40 brakes

I had my 2002 V40 serviced at the main dealer today - all was well except the front brakes are 80% worn. The garage said they could be left a bit longer before replacement. If they brakes are down to 20% of original (whatever) surely I should replace them now. But if the capacity is 80% of original then I can see I can wait. I'll ask the dealer to explain but does the "80% worn" mean anything to the experts here?

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Hi Geoff,

I'm no expert, but IMHO if the brake pads are "80% worn" then they are indeed worn down to the remaining 20% of the original thickness. My dealership reports brakes condition differently. E.g "80% remaining", which of course means the pads are only 20% worn.......... Confusing, isn't it!

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn