1994 850 sedan trunk will not open

I can no longer open, my trunk using the regular handle located on the trunk door. When I press on the handle,nothing happens. Futher more I cannot open it form the lock located on the trunk door either. I suspect the lock was changed and, while I can insert the key, I cannot turn it to unlock.

Since there is no function on the keychain remote nor is there a handle driven by a cable inside the car to open the trunk remotely what are my options. ?

I can get inside the trunk throught the backseat but I don't see any relase button that are often seen in recent cars.

Reply to
test

Cant you remove the panel covering the rear side of the keylock. Behind that there is a steel wire connecting it with the locking mechanism. If you get to that you should be able to pull it manually and unlock the trunk.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard