1994 940

HI

Just bought a 1994 940 with 213,000 KM on the clock Haven't seen many postings on this group for this model Has full service records from day one, right down to brake fluid flushes, Xmission flushes, and all other services

Anything I should look for ?

Previous owner of 5 - 240 series from 1979 - 1987

Thanks

John

Edmonton AB Canada

Reply to
John S

That's a car I'm considering to replace my '87 760! How much? (I'm in Toronto). I'd love to find a wagon if possible ;)..

Cheers

Reply to
M.R.S.

sorry not for sale

Reply to
John S

hehe, I think you misunderstood.. how much did you pay? I'm looking for one, and wanted to compare what you paid for yours in your area.. ;)

I'll find one here in Toronto.

Cheers

Reply to
M.R.S.

In Florida I lucked out and found a 1995 940 with 61,000 miles for $5,200. Car is in great shape in and out. Down side... I miss the turbo that I had on my '87 740.

Don B.

Reply to
Don B.

purchase price $4250.00 CDN

asking price $4995.00

Reply to
John S

Hi. John. I was just making a comment in another thread, chap wanting advice on which model to buy. I'm on my third 940 wagon. Gave first to my son, second still on the drive. Latest '94 940 Wentworth wagon 2L turbo bought two years ago, only 52,000 genuin miles. Cost me £800 UK back then, spent

400£ making good because it had been standing for a few years. But can honestly say it's probably the best car I've ever owned, and I've had quite a few.
Reply to
Dave

Thanks I'm happy with mine so far

John

Reply to
John S

I hate mine!

After over-paying ($6500USD) for the wagon (shame on me), I found that the car gets 13 Miles per US Gallon in the city (16 MGP using premium gas). It only gets 20-21 MPG on the highway. No vacuum leaks. All turbo hoses have been replaced. Emissions tests show normal combustion.

Just spent another $2,500 to have the engine removed and re-sealed. Every gasket in the engine (including head gasket) had hemorraged at 108K Miles.

I gave up a seven passenger Dodge Grand Caravan (extended chassis) with a

3.3litre engine that got 50% better gas mileage.

I suppose the next issue will be the turbo.

Arrgh!

Reply to
thunderbeast