Transmission question...

I have a 1999 S70 non-turbo with an automatic tranny. It is of the adaptive kind which is very cool by the way! I have noticed that there is an audible as well as feelable (not a word I know!) click when downshifting from 2nd to

1st. The real kicker is that it doesn't happen every time I cylce through those gears. I have had it in to Volvo of Durham once to get them to have a look but they found nothing. I am going in for my 96K KM service next week and will bring this up again. I bought the extended warranty as this is my first Volvo and I was unsure what to expect. So any defects should be covered according to the warranty. My tranny fluid is nice and red and smells like it should. Any feedback on what I could expect them to find? If I get the "All's clear" from VoD I will ask for it in writing so that any issues that come up in the future will be tracable. The car has been regularly serviced but I bought it with 65K KMs on it. I do have the service records from the previous owner so I know that all other services were done almost perfectly on time. Other than the tranny issue, which is intermittent at best the car is great! I would have liked the LPT version but it was just slightly out of my league when I bought this one.

Jordan.

Reply to
Jordan B.