1995 85o Turbo; Acceleration problems

My '95 850 Turbo is well maintained and run like a champ (quick as hell) until recently. I have been experiencing issues with my 850 Turbo for about 4 weeks, which manifest by rough idle when starting and horrible acceleration and gas consumption. I had the air sensor replaced and that helped for about 100 miles. Then my engine light came back on. I have had diagnostics run by two different mechanics and they tell me my plugs and injectors are fine. I haven't wanted to go to a Volvo dealer to have it looked at because in Chicago they want to replace everything possible. Does anyone have any ideas of what may be causing these problems for me?

Reply to
850TURBOpbp65

I don't know if this will help, but on my 1996 850 wagon I noticed big improvement when I changed an air filter. Sometimes its the little things that will make all the difference. Air filter, gas filter, plugs, rotor, wires, flame trap, throttle body cleaned. From all the newsgroup posts I see that does are most common problem areas.

Reply to
Adam