1995 940 w/ 3rd row seat for sale in Denver/CO Springs area

Hey, folks

I decided to let the 940 wagon non turbo I bought recently go to a good Volvo buff like myself, that knows how to appreciate it. Nothing really wrong with it, I fixed it quite a bit, I just realized that I want a little more power and I miss driving a standard specially in the mountains of CO so I'm looking for an 850 now. I know full well that 940 is the last great classic and 95 is the last year of that production but I'd really like a stick shift and a clutch back, my previous Passat thought me bad habits.

Details on the car: auto, 165k miles but we all know what that means on a 940. It's running great is all I can say, maybe not as much oomph as I'd like, but hey, it's a 940 non turbo, what do you expect? White exterior, blue/gray cloth interior, 3rd row child seat. Interior clean, had it detailed recently. Car's got new steering, front brakes, tires, spark plugs and air filter. Has marked on the timing belt housing that it was replaced at 142K so lots more to go on that. Everything works fine, including AC. Car lived in CA until last year so I imagine it's passing emissions with flying colors (I don't have to do it where I live but the engine's running clean). TONS of room in the back, with the seats down, it's amazing. Oh yeah, clear title, looks like no accidents on record.

Now the flaws: small 1" dent in the left side of the tailgate, did not touch the window or affect its functionality. 4-5" crack in the windshield on passenger side, had it drilled, patched and stopped from spreading by a professional. Car has a Sanyo cd stereo unit that sells for $200 on the net, however it's missing the faceplate, maybe you could get that for less than the price of a new unit. Passenger door has cracked inside (map) pocket. Could probably use new struts on the tailgate, some $20 on fleabay, just didn't get around to do it myself. Oh yeah, and fuel level gauge not working so I reset the trip odometer everytime I fill up.

Let me know if you're interested, best offer takes it, I need to make room for the 850. I am willing to drive it a reasonable distance (couple of hrs perhaps) if someone serious is interested in seeing it, or could get you at the airport if you want to drive it further, I would not hesitate to drive it cross country myself. I live in CO Springs area, about 45 min S of Denver. Any other questions let me know, to those interested I have some pics to mail. You can contact me at sorint_AT_yahoo_DOT_com.

Thanks, S.

Reply to
sorint