1997 S70 with Volvo sat nav option?

S70 T5 for sale on ebay (UK,England) has "Volvo sat nav" fitted.From the photos looks like a proper factory fit job. I didnt thinksat nav would be a volvo option in 1997? Anybody have details on this volvo sat nav?

£3,500 pounds, somebody got a good buy I think?
Reply to
Ted

> This S70 T5 for sale on ebay (UK,England) has "Volvo sat nav" fitted.> From the photos looks like a proper factory fit job. I didnt think> sat nav would be a volvo option in 1997?>

Bargain there for a 60k T5 which looks mint with the right spec too (winter pack, CD trim, memory seats)

The pop up Sat Nav was indeed an option in 97 and from memory, it was a £2500 option!!

That car would have been circa £30 grand when new.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Wow, must of been a pretty rare option if it cost 2500 pounds. Makes you wonder why anybody would pay so much for sat nav when the car has only done 65k in 8 yrs? Do you know if the volvo 97 sat nav system is any good? Probably dated by todays standards? How would you update the map system and I suppose they only available from volvo if they still make them for that model?

Wonder why it only went for 3500, do you think blue is not such a good colour?

Reply to
Ted

At least its not the dreadful doom blue! Silver or black or the maroon metallics would have been better but...

The CD for the sat nav goes inthe autochanger in the boot on this model, the only disadvantage was that you couldnt listen to a CD and have the sat-nav working at the same time. This is not the case for the newer version fitted currently.

You can buy any number of updated or european CD's for the system, though the dealers want a fortune for them!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The pop up system uses a multi-CD changer in the boot for the maps, GB is on one disc, you can load others. Controls are on back of steering wheel - it's quite good.

Can't understand people who spend massive money and then do low miles, my

1999 A class *diesel* only had 38k miles on it when I bought it a month ago!
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"Tim \(remove obvious\)" wrote in news:dk8vgr$f7g$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Indeed. I gave £2750 for mine (in August) and it was bog standard with

96k miles. The main reason I went for it was that it's a manual and most tend to be autos. I'm not opposed to autos but I think that the best way to appreciate a performance car is with a knob in your hand ;-)
Reply to
Stu

LOL! Well it seems to work for most drivers of company cars and vans, Lax Power Saxos and Coarsas etc. :o)

Reply to
carlbowman

" snipped-for-privacy@gmx.co.uk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Heh...the knob should be beside the steering wheel, not behind it ;-)

Reply to
Stu