1998 S70 coolant sensor

I cleaned my expansion tank after replacing the radiator and now have a defective coolant sensor.

Apparently, these are sold seperately and installed on the expansion tank -- not as part of a new tank.

So, I haven't looked closely yet, but how does the new sensor mount in the tank?

Does it screw in with some sort of sealant? -- Push in?

Is the old one easy or hard to get out?

THANKS.

Reply to
mkr5000

I assume you mean the collant level sensor?

They are screwed (from memory) into the bottom of the expansion tank.

Just pop it up from its mounting and peer underneath- you will easy see...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Great -- thanks Tim.

Yeah, the sensor. Any problem getting the old one out? Should I put some sealant on the new one, teflon tape or something?

Appreciate your help.

Reply to
mkr5000

well, I had a leak in my coolant reservoir.

replaced it w new one.

there is a float around a tube going up in the reservoir. One reason the cost is kinda high.

the sensor just snaps into the bottom.

however, when I put everything together the coolant level sensor light comes on.

called dealership, they said might need a new sensor.

more money.

now I just check the level which is good, and live w the coolant light being on.

j.

Reply to
cognite tute