1998 S70 coolant sensor

I cleaned my expansion tank after replacing the radiator and now have a defective coolant sensor.
Apparently, these are sold seperately and installed on the expansion
tank -- not as part of a new tank.
So, I haven't looked closely yet, but how does the new sensor mount in the tank?
Does it screw in with some sort of sealant? -- Push in?
Is the old one easy or hard to get out?
THANKS.

I assume you mean the collant level sensor?
They are screwed (from memory) into the bottom of the expansion tank.
Just pop it up from its mounting and peer underneath- you will easy see...
Tim..
Great -- thanks Tim.
Yeah, the sensor. Any problem getting the old one out? Should I put some sealant on the new one, teflon tape or something?
Appreciate your help.
mkr5000 wrote:

well, I had a leak in my coolant reservoir.
replaced it w new one.
there is a float around a tube going up in the reservoir. One reason the cost is kinda high.
the sensor just snaps into the bottom.
however, when I put everything together the coolant level sensor light comes on.
called dealership, they said might need a new sensor.
more money.
now I just check the level which is good, and live w the coolant light being on.
j.