"Check Coolant" warning on OMEGA, but level OK ? - Sensor ????

Dear all,

I have a V plate omega 2.5 V6 (registered Jan 2000 & 40k mls on clock). A couple of times now the check computer has come up with "Check Coolant". I know the level is bang on the correct level and was not parked on a particularly steep gradient (fooling sensor ?).

Done it when engine warm upon return to car after a few hours sat in a car park, but probably coincidence ? Different car park each time.

I looked at the expansion tank and the wire dissappears to what I assume is the level sensor right underneith the expansion tank (Old Carlton use to have sensor built in to expansion tank cap on top, this one appears to dissapear to somethere comepletely inaccessable !

Would a 'iffy' sensor cause this, or is the Omega sensitive to gradients causing an incorrect fluid reading ? Level no low, so not quite understand - can 'Too High' a level cause an issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Had something similar on a VW - dodgy sensor required a new expansion tank - only aboyt 20 quid or so. level too full should just result in coolant being expelled via the overflow.

Reply to
Iain Miller