200 series - road spring ident?

Is there any way to identify the road springs fitted on my 240 GLT - 1987 European model?

I would like to know if I've got the standard or HD springs.

For the rear, the wire diameter is 12mm (almost 1/2" in old money!) and not including the pig tail, I've 9 coils counting from the flat "end" at the top of the coil. I haven't removed a front so can't give any info on that.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Clive

The only way to tell is to measure the wire diameter. You should be able to do that with the spring still installed.

Reply to
Mike F

Entering you car details in the Euro Car Parts web site

and then selecting 'Coil Springs Rear'it would appear that the HD rated spring has a 14mm diameter, asfitted to the estate version. Dunno whether they are interchangeableor not - if the rest of the suspension parts are the same they shouldbe.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav