Blown engine

Shit .. snapped crankshaft . ok, nitrous removed, and now the engine is off for a rebuild.

TVR (with soon to be new improoved engine) V70 T5 ( I know... decided i liked it so much, I bought another!) Rover800 (great for pissing off people in london!) Range Rover 6.1 Diesel (pickup ... 6" lift & go anywhere tyres) DT125 (de-restricted and awsomely cheap)

Reply to
Jay

Hmm, that reminds me of those Virgin Mobile adverts, couple of seconds of garbled cut-down s**te and no-one knows what the f*ck it was about, heh.

Reply to
Lordy

you mean you're scrapping it ?

nice pipe and slippers...

... and tartan rug

perfect for outlying scottish islands, useless for everything else

and just about as lethal...

Reply to
Mark Craft

Is this a Rover engined one you managed to break the crank on?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yes, Rover V8 engined crank .. nice split through one of the counterweights, across the journal and on though the conrod bearing. also took a few nice chunks out of the side of the block as she was comming to a halt.

Still, now I get a fully bluepr>>> Shit .. snapped crankshaft .

Reply to
Jay

No, just purchased a new blueprinted V8 to replace the old engine

Yes, but it kicks serious arse. forget the stigma, 90% of people who try it on loose

Yes, but if you drive in the city, you need a car that you just dont give a shit about ... the 800 is that car. big enough to argue with taxi's

Disagree. its brilliant for shopping on saturday mornings. Great to scare numpty X5 drivers. Quiet practical on Salisbury plain too.

So .... ?

Reply to
Jay

Pussy :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Crikey. What were you revving to?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Destruction.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Well, she was pushing 300bhp, and over 340lb torque before the 150 bhp nitrous jets were fitted. Never managed to get the motor dyno'ed before destruction.

She was limited to 7600rpm, but would rev freely to almost 9000 rpm.

The new engine has been built and strengthened to take 8000 rpm, although I will probably get the rev limiter adjusted down to 6500 rpm ( it starting to become expensive !).

Not going to bother with B I G nitrous, instead will be sticking a 50 jet in just to help the midrange a bit.

Reply to
Jay

Ahh. On an engine with a 6500 design limit you've done not bad, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Its not the gas, I have fitted much more than that to stock rovers v8s never broke one... Its the rpm...

Reply to
Burgerman

Actually come to think of it I have fitted 140bhp to a stock 1100 cc bike! Must be timing too advanced (makes huge cylinder pressures even if it doesnt detonate) or hitting big doses at very low rpm...

Reply to
Burgerman

Burgerman are you John .. of Fabled Sierra V8 Fame ?

Would love to pick yoru brains ( not literally ) on the V8 when it returns. I you are the same person I am thinking about ... much respect to you sir ... :)

Reply to
Jay

does your tongue taste of poo?

Reply to
Theo

Hehehehehhe :)

Reply to
Nom

Ah, and you were finding this out when BOOM ? Every component of that engine must have been amazing, really amazing. A standard Rover V8, regardless of bore, usually tops out at around 6,000 rpm, and if revved to over 7,000 rpm would explode shortly thereafter.

You know, 9,000 rpm is nothing special. A friend of mine once revved his Golf 1.1 to well over 10,000 rpm once. 'Course, that went BOOM too :).

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

YEPTHATSME

Reply to
Burgerman

It was a special engine. one previously prepared by Andy Rouse ( Rouse Engineering ). Most of the components were taken from a race spec car. pistons were special cosworth ones, solid lifters, variable roller rockers, double valve springs... need to go on.

Reply to
Jay

Well it still broke!

Reply to