2001 xc/v70 starting problems

Recently, past two weeks, xc wagon problems starting, especially when warm (20+ miles/minutes). Replaced immobilizer/atenna. Keys are fine. Dealer check fuel pressure/pumps. No warning messages/dealer says that they can't reproduce.

Usually fine when cold in the morning. Still will not start later in the day - cranks, sounds fine.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
sharanne

It's a long shot, but check the fuses yourself one more time.

My '98 S70 up and decided not to start one day after I stopped at a fast food place. Just like your car, it had ran fine, would crank fine, but it wouldn't fire. No trouble codes or impending trouble codes (the kind that don't light up the "check engine light" but are still in the computer).

It turned out the fuse for (I think) the fuel pump and ignition was bad. The fuse never actually blew, just the plastic part that gives it shape was melted and so the metal spades weren't making electrical contact. I don't understand it, but a new fuse and two months since, no further troubles.

Reply to
Jim Carriere