240 rear suspension improvements?

Hello, In a few weeks I'm planning on (finally) having some service done on the (non-original) rear axle of my 92 240 wagon. Specifically, the reluctor ring will be changed to match the car's computer so accessories like the speedometer will work.

Of course, there turns out to be other necessary work, like shocks and suspension bushings.

I'm wondering if there are any relatively simple upgrades that can be performed at that time. I'm thinking in terms of things like stronger sway bars. Any ideas?

Thanks, Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

IPD sells swaybars, but they're easy to install at any time, you don't need to have the axel out.

Have the trailing arm bushings replaced if they haven't been already, everything else you can do without doing any significant disassembly.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Yes, those bushings are already on the list. I am expecting that having the rear axle assembly actually attached to the car will improve handling.

-pk

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

If the handling is sloppy you may wish to have the torque rod bushings replaced as well, but again those are something that's just as easy to do after the fact, the torque rods are easy to remove.

Reply to
James Sweet

WHAT ABOUT NEOPRENE BUSHES they last longer giving a better firmer grasp

Reply to
John Robertson

Patrick,

When you got a moment, send me an email sir.

Rob robDOTadlersATsympaticoDOTca

Reply to
Rob Adlers