245 still

Well, as my search for the 945 to replace my 245 has not succeeded yet, and since the old 245 was leaking more oil than the Exxon Valdez, I had the front seals fixed, alternator belts replaced, and new timing belt kit and water pump installed.

As I will have to drive off this investment for a while, I spent some time yesterday trying to install the center console armrest that I got off ebay some time ago. It is an "alleged" factory option, single bracket style drivers right armrest.

I took out the plastic center console to locate the mounting point, no luck. Hmm, well maybe it bolts to the seat....... took it apart, no also. Seat belt bolt is to big, and would mount the armrest too low anyway. Neighbors started to gather, all with opinions. Still nothing. I googled for help, and every article mentions the ease of installing the armrest, then falls short of actually saying how.

So, Whazzit. Again, single bracket, one mounting hole with an indexing slot to keep the arm from rotating on the bolt, the mounting bracket is curved and designed to fit something exactly. The armrest itself ratchets up to clear hand brake, and is released by a button on the front bottom lip. It is the appropriate "240 tan" color that screams '80's Volvo. Am I missing an additional mounting bracket?

Thanx, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

I'm not sure, but the one I had mounted to the side of the drive tunnel, through tapped holes just tot he rar and below the back of the center console.

On my 85, they were under the carpet whihc needed to be cut. On my 90, the seat belts use the same hole.

Duane

Reply to
Duane