740 -92 failed to start. Should I replace the IAC?

740 -92 Rex/Regina B230F failed to start today. It nearly made it but no idle. The Codes said 2 2 3. (IAC problem). Took it off and sprayed some carb cleaner into it. Cleaned up the connections too. Then it started ok. Dont know much about IAC:s but I'm wondering... Do they wear out? Should I buy a new one?

Many thanks, Bengt P

Reply to
B Persson

Just try thoroughly cleaning it and it's connections along with the whole of the inlet tract (air filter to manifold) every two years.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes