1991 240 volvo battery problem

I have a 1991 240 volvo the alternator is putting out 12.08 volt to the battery. the battery is new and the alternator is new. If someone could help tell me what to look for I would appreciate it are you could email me at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
ageyj

Standard alternator voltage output depending on temperature and load should be between 12.4vDC and 14.1vDC. What you are reading is battery voltage. A good battery with decent charge should show ~12.4-12.7vDC. It's likely the alternator brushes/regulator are very near the end of useful life and need replaced.

Bob

Reply to
User

check the earths and wiring harness for that circuit. Pay attention to the + which runs under the engine and is known (on early 240's) to degrade and cause issue.

AJS

Reply to
AJS