740 GL Estate Automatic AW70 with O/D 2 litre.

Could anyone give me a ballpark figure for fuel consumption for this car ? I just got it with 74,000 on the clock, it's a 1991 model with full service history. It's to replace my old '85 740 estate which has a 2.3 engine and a M46 with O/D which does about 34 mpg. The '91 Auto does about 25 mpg, and I'm just wondering if I can improve it. I've only done 2 tanks of fuel so far in it and noticed the front brakes bind, and the steering was pulling to the left. Both will be fixed this weekend, but I will also clean out the TB and check timing, plugs, air filter, tyre pressures etc. The fluid levels are ok in the engine and gearbox. Boy, it is a complicated procedure to check the automatic box fluid level !!!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray