'82 DL won't fire...

Hoping that the combined wisdom herein can help me...I parked my 82 DL

3 years ago, and started and ran it religiously for about 4 months, then got lazy, and every couple of months went to every six months to once a year...Anyway, after installing a new battery, the engine turns over fine, but the engine won't fire and run. It has new fuel, but it did sit for about a year without being started. I've tried a mechanics suggestion of starter fluid (spray ether), and it will fire momentarily, and then still not fire...Any thoughts on the problem and possible solutions?
Reply to
gary

Start with elementary troubleshooting: determine whether the problem is with electric or fuel.

Take it from there.

Reply to
zencraps

Probably corrosion on the fuses or a dead fuel injection relay, unless the mice ate into the harnesses.

Bob

Reply to
User