'85 240 DL: Fuel pump sadness

I'm having issues with my vehicle's fuel pump system, and I can't really figure out what's going on.

A few nights ago, while rounding a corner, my car shut off completely and would not start thereafter. I purchased her a few weeks ago and was told she was "cold sensitive," meaning that I should let her warm up for a few minutes before driving, and had noticed that, within the past week, it seemed to take a lot longer for the car to "warm up."

After inspecting the spark plugs and distributor coil and that stuff, I've discovered that those are fine. I've done some reading and found that "cold sensitivity" in my model of car usually means that one of the fuel pumps is out and the car is only running on one, which made me think that the one it was running on finally gave out. So, I removed the rear fuel pump to discover that it was completely dead. I've gotten a new one and put it in, but there's almost no current traveling back there to power it. When tested at the battery where the current is strong, the pump runs. But not in the back, where the current is considerably weaker.

Where do I go from here?

Reply to
Evi

Check the fuel pump relay

Reply to
tvrc18

Resolder or replace the fuel pump relay. It's a normally white box tucked up under the footwell near the firewall on the right hand side of the car. Check/clean the fuse box too, it's known to corrode on 240s. Your '85 has electronic injection and should start up easily and drive just fine when cold.

Reply to
James Sweet