Bill

Reply to
WWH

#1 is on the timing belt side.

I thought it was clockwise - but I'm not sure.

I pretty sure this is correct.

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury

Thanks for the help. I got things working. It did turn out that someone had numbered the wires assuming cylinder #1 was the actual #5. In the future I'll remember that #1 cylinder on a transverse mounted engine is where the front of the engine would be if the engine were not mounted sideways. That is, the furthest cyliner from the transmission. The rotor turns counter-clockwise (and 1 2 4 5 3 is the firing order). I was able to peer under the hood and see the rotor turn while turning the key from the driver's seat.

Reply to
WWH