Question: firing order

What is the firing order for a 351C. My Chilton's manual picture and description does not match up with what is on the car. And where does the number one plug connect in relation to the cap clips?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Counter - clockwise rotation 1 - 3 - 7 - 2 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 8

number 1 plug is the front cylinder on the passenger side, turn the engine to 0 on the balancer,pull the number one plug to verify the piston is up on the compression stroke, pull the distributor cap to see which terminal the rotor button is facing, this will be the starting point for number one wire

4 8 3 7 2 6 1 5

front of engine

Reply to
Winze

snipped-for-privacy@law.com (Winze) wrote in :

does this apply to the windsor tooo ..

Reply to
Mike_in_SD

Chilton's says "8 cylinder engines, the 351 is different" My understanding is the only interchangeable parts between a Cleveland and a Windsor are the spark plugs. These two engines are radically different.

Reply to
goodnigh

this works for 351w,351c,5.0 H.O. and probably a few more

Reply to
winze