850 GLT Amost No Heat!!

My 805 has ice cold AC but there is almost no heat. Do I need to change the heater core? Due to lack of $$ I'm thinking of getting a used one. I actually saw one on ebay and it was pulled out of a S70 1998. I wonder whether thats compatible with a 850 GLT 1996.

I will appreaciate all the help and advice.

Thanks.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

The heater core will fit, it's the same, however, I doubt it will help. More likely is a problem with the heater valve, thermostat or the blend door in the heater box.

Reply to
Mike F
1st check your coolant level....

Fred wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Not likely to be the core. They rarely plug up to the degree which would be required to stop heat from working. Much more likely to be a heater valve or other control.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Reply to