850 high rpm cold

when I first start my 1995 850 turbo it always idles high for a few seconds before returning to normal rpm.............

this only happens when cold...not after it has warmed up......

what the problem??

Reply to
Unknown

John Robertson

You have no problem!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

High idle for a few seconds and then go normal? Isn't the usual case that the idle stabilizes WHEN the engine warms up? The engine takes more than a few seconds to warm up.

I think what he means is that when the engine has recently been used (is warm), it doesn't idle high the first few seconds.

Reply to
Stig Hornang