850 R Got it!! Thanks

Well I've taken the plunge and bought a 1996 850R, so far so good, and it goes like snow off a shovel, everything works and comes with a nice comprehensive service history. I might get to hack it down to the south of France this summer (it will make putting up with the 'in laws' more bearable)

Will keep you posted if anything drops off, and thanks to all who helped with info on these cars.

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Alistair Ross schrieb:

Watch out! The French have a lot of radar-boxes installed along the "Route de Soleil" and along other highways/motorways!!! :-(

Aieu then! Nothing will fall of a properly maintained Volvo! Have fun!

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Ensure you give it a good phase 0 tune- plugs, leads, diz cap, rotor arm, throttle body and ISCV clean, PCV box and hoses check and clean, intake hose clamps tight and wastegate actuator set up properly if its not recently had some TLC..

And cam belt etc too if not recently done.

Check out the volvoforums.co.uk or vpcuk.org for all the info...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..