Supra Twin Turbo or R32 Skyline GT-R

Which would you choose if you were buying it with your own money (around £7k), and why?

Reply to
Jack

The Skyline, because fewer people know what it is.

Reply to
DervMan

The Skyline's less likely to kill me and the Carlos Fandango computers will let me go very sideways.

Reply to
Doki

A 3.0 Supra - one of the newer shape, fast and the furious ones? I'd choose that - in manual, 6 speed :-) And ensure I gave it 450bhp.

I'm not a huge fan of the old 'liners. They are nice cars no doubt, but the R34 just looks so much better :D

Reply to
DanTXD

That's the one

That would be the plan, 450bhp is easy.

R34 would be my first choice but a mortgage rules it out :-(

Reply to
Jack

Mates had 450. Was neither easy nor cheap. Better with a Skyline if modding it, Supra if keeping it standard. Plus it couldn't get the power down unless it was a dry straight road.

He sold it, two weeks later it was crashed by its new owner.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Could always get an Evo - also with the full trick AWD and as quick point to point as any skyline given the same power, cheaper parts and smaller car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Insurance is much more expensive. Recent quotes have been around £420 for a Supra, £450 for a Skyline, Evo 5 is around £950.

Reply to
Jack

Supra Twin Turbo.

Specifically, a 1990-92ish JZA70 Aerotop manual, as low mileage as I could find, freshly imported, manual, TEMS, Electronic dash, and in a dark colour.

And I'd spend the change on making it perky ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

You can get 450bhp on the standard turbos, only really needs a downpipe, exhaust and boost controller. The Supra is more tuneable than a Skyline, the Supra bottom end can take

1000bhp as standard.
Jack

It would be an import, the R32 was never officially imported.

Reply to
Jack

Get the Supra. YKIMS.

Reply to
DanTXD

hmm tough one, i'd go supra for the daily driver keeping it a standard twin turbo and i'd also go for a UK car over import too on the supra. UK had better spec, made more power, bigger brakes ect for a second run around i'd go R32 as i REALLY want one! tuned keeping it clean on the outside with mental power under the hood :)

the R32 are my fave as they was quite a lot smaller than the R34 and on the skyline clubs most members say it's the better car too.

Reply to
Vamp

Wha... ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

What day is pension day? I'm 37, I got quoted fully comp, with 68% no claims and a full clean=20 license never had any points, cautions, stops, accidents or knock for=20 knocks, and insured 2 Saab turbos and a modded Celica GT4.

=A31200 for a Supra, =A31500 for a Mitsu GTO/GT3000/and "Unable to quote"= =20 for a Skyline R33 GTS-T (never mind a GT-R/V-Spec/LM).

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

What day is pension day? I'm 37, I got quoted fully comp, with 68% no claims and a full clean license never had any points, cautions, stops, accidents or knock for knocks, and insured 2 Saab turbos and a modded Celica GT4.

£1200 for a Supra, £1500 for a Mitsu GTO/GT3000/and "Unable to quote" for a Skyline R33 GTS-T (never mind a GT-R/V-Spec/LM).

what! when my licence was a bit cleaner *cough* i got a quote at 22 years old with 2 years NCB on a supra for £1200 and a 300ZX for £1300 and a scoob for £1800 and an evo for £2200 skyline it told me to ring so sod what that was! my MR2 turbo was a bargin at £850 before my 3 points and the extra ban

*cough* which was damn good considering it's performance. all them quotes was fully comp too!
Reply to
Vamp

What day is pension day? I'm 37, I got quoted fully comp, with 68% no claims and a full clean license never had any points, cautions, stops, accidents or knock for knocks, and insured 2 Saab turbos and a modded Celica GT4. £1200 for a Supra, £1500 for a Mitsu GTO/GT3000/and "Unable to quote" for a Skyline R33 GTS-T (never mind a GT-R/V-Spec/LM).

I'm 31, full ncb, 3 points (going soon), fully comp on all three with protected ncb. Haven't tried actually phoning any companies yet, those prices were from confused.com but there were several companies giving quotes in the same price range.

Reply to
Jack

'coz.

Alistair J Murray

Just fed in the details for a MITSUBISHI GTO TWIN TURBO 1994-1999 2972cc COUPE Manual Petrol and the cheapest was £472. Do you live in a high risk area or something?

Reply to
Jack

I've just run a quote for an R32 GT-R. £929 fc, even with 6 points, not garaged and leaving it in a pay and display all day.

Reply to
SteveH