Got it!!!!

Congratulations on buying a land rover, although I don't understand anyone buying a one for its' luxuriousness.... why not just buy a Merc?

Privacy glass??? Are you a chav, a drug dealer, or what? :o) Prepare not to be let out at junctions!

Have fun,

M.

Reply to
McBad

Finally after the great DII TD5 and the terrible DI 300 TDi, I picked her up today. D3 TDV6 in Bonatti Grey with 19" alloys & privacy glass! To any doubters of the D3, all I can say is "GO DRIVE ONE" it is the most luxurious drive I have ever owned, this baby rides like an S-Class Merc.

You can safely say that even after only 25 miles I am well and truly smitten.......................

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Concratulations. I wonder how it would fair in the rough conditions of remote Okanvango ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

Not had chance to try it in the rough yet but will be doing very shortly. Not in Okanvango though (wherever that is?).

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Andy Hi,

congratulations and may your new Disco travel long and without any hitch or fault.

I had the opportunity to test it (I was actually asked to abuse it) both on and off the road and I can say that it is a VERY impressive vehicle on the road. Its off road capabilities are expected, it is a Land Rover after all. But I was amazed at how well it behaved on the road and how its electronic systems were able to keep it on the road even at foolish speed and when trying to take close turns at unsafe speed or brake and change direction on slippery roads.

A very impressive vehicle and can also be tuned so as to become faster than the V8 and also be much more fuel efficient (read for reducing fuel consumption) on the same time.

Have a look at

and you will see how you can gain up to 50 bhp and still be able to leave LR believe that you have done nothing to the car.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Cos' Mercs are naff, useless in the rough stuff and just aren't my cup of tea. Whilst I love landies (I have owned 5 others!) for their off-road ability I also need on road comfort as I use the car for work so the D3 fit's the bill perfectly.

None of the above, only went for a 50% tint to avoid the dug-dealer look. Helps keep the car cool in the summer and IMHO looks a lot smarter :-)

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Frankly I think it just makes it look like a tranny van - but each to his own!

Reply to
Dougal

I was given a loaner whilst my 2001 DII TD5 was in for service. It has go under the go pedal and drives like a car, which I think is a tad dangerous for something so large and heavy. I didn't explore the limits mind. I gave up at 90 on the motorway, it was still willing to go at that speed but I wanted to keep my licence...

TBH I was glad to get back into my DII, yes it's slow, it's sluggish, but is is comfortable, solid and drives well enough. Oh and my DII gives better MPG (avg 28.5 over 14,000+ miles) than the computer in the D3 was telling me (26 over a couple of hundred).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Namibia, quite a few of the new Disco's were causing problems and limping back in default mode. Trouble is tyhe average african garage could'nt fix them in traditional manner ( ie big hammer ) and so many a cheesed off owner dumped them for the Jap equivalents.

Must say that for some reason I just like the old 110 shape, personal taste I suppose.

Have a good time with the new toy :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

"Andrew Cooke" wrote>>>

Not heard of the G Wagon (Still made to order I believe) or the Unimog then.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Andrew Cooke came up with the following;:

Nice one ... mind you, with all the naysayers predicting doom and gloom for D3 owners, I have a nice Preg Disco 3 door I'd happily do you a straight swap for, if you're worried of course ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Strange thing land rover ownership is, to be sure. It'a a very wide spectrum of people, guess that's what makes this news group so good.

I also use my landy for work and business, having travelled to Oban, North Wales, Manchester and West Pembrokeshire in the last six months. Perhaps a little less luxurious in a 300tdi 90, but then I go slower and perhaps have longer to appreciate that land rover charm!

Reply to
McBad

Hirsty's uttered summat worrerz funny about:

The future has gotta be Santana then... or do they do fly by wire too?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:00:55 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

quite possibly. they're using the IVECO 2.8 turbo engine. What I want 'em to do is offer the 146 ps version in addition to the 125ps one. Althoug it may of course be a smiple chipping job to upgrade it :-)

if I was in the market for a 110, I'd be buying a santana, no question. In the 110 market, it's actually, overall, a better product IMHO. The various mods to the body outweigh the leaf suspension.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and McBad spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

My neck of the woods - whereabouts were you? Gizza shout next time you're down and I'll stand you a cuppa.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Hi Rich, I was near Abermawr (near Mathry on the coast). I expect to be down that way a fair bit during the first half of 2006 so maybe I'll take you up on your offer. The in-laws live near Solva so they'll also be taking a hammering for cups of tea and perhaps the odd over-night.

Cheers,

M.

Reply to
McBad

They have good taste - my parents live in Solva too.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

Andrew Cooke muttered summat about:

Congrats, very envious. Father has had one since November last year and so far it has been floorless, awsome bit of kit!!

Reply to
Graham G

...and McBad spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Lovely place - Brunel's first choice for the terminus to his London-Ireland route. A lot of the foundations are still there hidden in the woods as you go down to the beach. Bit spooky.

Aye, do that.

Another lovely spot.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and Lizzy spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Di's ex-father-in-law used to run the Pharmacy (now a restaurant) there. Does that count?

Reply to
Richard Brookman