850 Turbo Power Steering

My steering alternates between being easy and hard to turn through each 2/3 of a turn or so. No squeeling belts. It got a litttle better when I topped up the fluid, and it gets better but does not cleaf as the weather warms up. Any suggestions? Doug

Reply to
SkipperDoug

This sounds like dry universal joints in the steering column. If you leave it too long they will wear, and you will have to replace the column.

But they often respond well to lubrication. There is usually no specific lubrication point, but you should aim to soak the joints with oil, working it into the joint by turning the steering wheel back and forth. Good idea to do this every couple of years.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrave