850GLT 93, ugly braking!

Hi: My 1993 850 is having a new hanky panky: when braking at speeds above

45MPH, the whole car quakes and it sounds like something knocking in the right real whell.

I think it could be an ABS problem. Some idea?

Best regards Oscar

Reply to
v8_und_sw

Make sure that the bolts holding the caliper on are tight.

Reply to
Mr. V

could be a seized caliper or a warped rotor

Reply to
dododod

Have you worked on the brakes lately? If so the caliper may be loose. Otherwise I would check for warped rotors.

Reply to
Roadie

I'd look at the rubber bushings on the rear control arms (delta links in Volvo-speak).

Reply to
Mike F