Right Front End Creaks Going Slowly over Bumps

Hi. I just bought a nice 1994 Volvo 850 Wagon. Well cared for, but there are a couple of suspension issues:

When going slowly over bumps there is a creaking in the right front end. Possibilities? Had struts replace 2 years ago. Pushing down on the right front end it seems tight. Just when going over bumps at slow speed does it make the noise. No wheel well rubbing going on.

Also, it seems to ride rougher then I?d expected. New shocks on the rear a month ago. Any suggestions to make it ride smoother? Seems a little harder ride than expected and not like a car with new shocks and relatively new struts.

Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Reply to
dborgers

I start by checking out the source with water on different sections till the squeak stops , then its obvious where the issue is .

Reply to
John Robertson