850R Won't Start

I have a 1996 850R with 118,000 miles and it won't start. It was running fine until I stopped at a store. I came out and it started but ran very roughly and at below 1000 RPM. It then won't start at all. I had to get it towed home.

Here is what I have diagnosed thus far:

1) There is spark at the spark plugs. 2) The battery is fully charged. 3) The engine is turning over.

I also just happened to have a tune-up kit and changed the plugs, cap, etc. I haven't changed the fuel filter yet but it was changed about 25,000 miles ago.

It sounds like fuel is not getting to the cylinder. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

Can you tell if the fuel pump is running?

Reply to
James Sweet

What's the method for doing that?

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

Update:

I bought a OBDII code reader and there are no codes.

Reply to
JW

Err your ears?! lol!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Any blown fuses, or look for bad connections and check connecters are a tight fit.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard