86 740 AC Changeover?

I have to replace the compressor on my 86 740. After 300,000 miles, my AC man tells me it's giving up the ghost. He says replace the compressor/clutch and receiver/dryer and he'll recharge with R12. But at $60+ per pound I'm wondering if 134 is the way to go. Mr. AC says since there are no system leaks, and it cools fine, keep the same refrigerant. Comments, please.

Reply to
Jim Corey

Keep in mind that you have a bunch of old A/C parts, some of which will probably fail in the next little while. So it's probably best to do the conversion now, so repairs to follow won't be so expensive.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
James Sweet