89-780 Dome lamp does not time Out

What am I missing here?

Used to be that my dome light stayed on for 7 to 10 seconds after I left the car. Now, it goes off when I shut the door.

Not a terrible problem But, I like my baby to work right.

Bill Leonard @ The Power House

89-780T w/140k Miles 8-)

89-765T w/130k Miles ;-)

Reply to
BL

Short answer: Change (or clean) the switch for the driver's door.

Long answer: The dome light gets two signals from the driver's door. One is shared with all the other door(s) (the light turns off immediately when those door(s) close), the other activates the delay circuit. If it doesn't get this ground signal, it turns off immediately. Either that or the delay circuit inside your light is bad.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks, Mike, I will remove and clean up my driver's door switch. It is probably time and it did start acting like this after I had manually turned the switch to the off position.

Bill

Reply to
BL