90 740 Idle

Hi,

or 740 doesn't like sitting in hot weather - engine off. Start her up and idles very roughly, lamba light comes on so assume not enough air getting through on idle.

Runs ok after a short while and only happens on hot days, seems fine when its cool.

Any ideas appreciated.

rgds

Peetr

Reply to
Peter

This seems an old Volvo problem; my father used to have this same problem with the old 144 types and the 240 too during very hot days. The engine of the 740 is really that same basic engine (b type) of the seventy's, with lots of improvements. What helps is leave the engine running for a minute or more before switching it off!

Gert

Reply to
gert

My guess is that you have an air lock forming in the fuel system, I don't recall what attempts to prevent this though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check what code is stored, and go from there.

Reply to
Mike F