Pulsair and exhaust leaks

So we got the B23E into the '79 242 and running. The car goes like heck now but there's an exhaust leak which we think is coming from the Pulsair tubes where they seat in the head. What sort of seals do these use? I know some people just plug them, but supposedly it cleans up the exhaust some and it's such a simple system that I'd rather have it functioning. Anybody got suggestions on silencing the exhaust ticking?

Reply to
James Sweet

There is a washer made up from exhaust gasket type material between each pipe inlet and the head. Often it's the pipe itself, it rusts through.

Reply to
Mike F