91 RON or 95 RON fuel?

hi guys,

will it make any difference to fuel consumption and power using 95 RON fuel against 91 RON fuel in a 89 240 or am i wasting my $$$ usung the higher RON fuel?

Reply to
snoopy42

rastlouis

More than one study has shown that using "regular" gas gives not significantly different results than any other grade. Cars are now computerized and they make adjustment for the grade of gas used.

Admittedly, using higher grades of gas speeds the flow of $ from your pocket.

Chuck Fiedler

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

That is mostly correct. Many modern cars do retard ignition timing and work adequately with regular gas. My experience is that turbo-charged Volvos with modern engines ping with regular fuel.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

When I first got my '01 S-40 I kept records of my gas milage using different grades of gas. While it ran just fine with regular and middle grade gas, the gas mileage went down, compared to the recomended premium. After figuring out the relative costs per mile, it turned out that running premium was only costing me 2 or 3 cents more per gallon.

Reply to
Lloyd Wells