'93 240 - Air mass meter problem and more - Change the computer???

I had code 1-2-1, Air Mass Meter, as well as code 1-2-3, coolant temp sensor.

The sensor was changed and the air mass meter was changed. That was 4 months ago.

Last month, the code 1-2-1 came back and soon after the Check Engine light came on, the car almost died on a few occasions. I unplugged the battery to reset the code and everything was fine for two weeks. Then I got the code 1-2-3 again. I unplugged the battery to reset code and eveything was fine for 3 weeks. This morning I got code

1-2-1 again and the car almost died on 2-3 occasions.

My garage tells me it could be the computer.

Anyone can help?

Thanks, Sam.

Reply to
Sam

Hello, I have had something similar... Check the pins on the computer plug. I had a couple of them bended and these caused a lot of similar problems to my car. You never know... "Sam" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
bluefox

It could be the computer. Or perhaps it's the airbox thermostat stuck in the full heat mode. This would direct rather hot air over the air mass meter constantly. This is indeed enough to fry an AMM in short order.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo '84 245 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda