94 850 Diagnostics Not working

Any ideas:

I'm trying to reset the service light, and the diagnostic's light never responds. I put the doo-hicky into terminal 7 (of the A box), pressed 4 times at approx. 1 sec intervals, and waited...no response back.

I have the ignition at II.

One thing I should mention: the dash console is currently out of the car (waiting for a part to come in).... could this keep the diagnistics from working?

I also tried pressing 5 times, to get the mileage, but it did nothing either.

The little light does come on when I depress the button... never otherwise.

Any tips?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Robishaw

Well yes!!!!! The service indicator is in the dash unit and the controller for the light is in their too. Course it won't work!!!!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Have you tried other terminals in the A box. I'm not that familar with 850 (RWD enthusiast) but I have a wiring diagram that shows no connection at terminal 7 in the A box but in the diagnostic 2 connector in front of the gear selector. This terminal is however connected to terminal 6 on the A box!

Per Remove "spamstopper" from adress if direct email is used.

"Eric Robishaw" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
<hauge

Never mind what I just replied. After searching a bit on

I got a whole lot wiser!

And from the wiring diagrams I can also see, that the instrument cluster surely connects to the A box on terminal 7.

Of course there is no more to it, than Tim wrote, that the controller for the service light is in the instrument cluster, which in your case is not connected.

Per

skrev i en meddelelse news:3fda2629$0$69964$ snipped-for-privacy@dread12.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
<hauge