Source for 140 series headlight mounting clamps?

Ok; I figured out how the headlights are held into the tubes on my 145; those white plastic things visible on the right are two-piece clamps. One part of it hooks through the cutout in the tube, the other presses against the back of the lamps' rim, and is tightened with a Phillips head screw (a bit awkward to get to).

The two surviving clamps on the right side are both broken on one side; no survivors on the left side. I'd like to find some replacements, but have never seen anything like these anywhere.

No salvage yard around here has ever heard of 140 series Volvos, so that option is not available (and any in the yards are probably as brittle as the ones I have).

Anybody know of any source for these? Suggestions on alternate mounting methods for the lamps?

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Check out IPD I ****think*** the cibie replacements they have fit the 140 series.

Reply to
adopt a rescue dog today

They are available through the aftermarket, believe it or not. Just go to your favourite internet supplier, and check out part number 681923.

I bought a '74 way back in '84 and the previous owner had broken some of those, and rather than buying new ones, drilled some holes on opposite sides of the "tubes" near the front and strung springs to hold the light firmly up against the front rim. It wasn't perfect, I tossed them out, bought the proper clips from the dealer (no internet back then).

Reply to
Mike F

There are replacement headlights with in witch modern halogen bulbs can be fitted. Gives you much better visibility. In The Netherlands old Volvo's are quite popular, at

you can order them, or give them a call.

I paid 30 USD per unit 5 years ago.

Cheers,

Martijn

244 144 262
Reply to
Martijn

Note there's nothing wrong with the original headlights. The problem is the plastic clips that attach the headlights to the headlight pots are broken. New headlights will not fix that problem.

Reply to
Mike F