94 '940 colling fan not turning off

My electric fan on my '94 940 has begun to stay on for quite a long time after the engine is off, long enough so that the battery becomes drained to the point where it wont start the car. It does turn off, just after a while. My questions are, what is sending a signal to the fan relay telling the fan to turn on or off? Could the culprit be the relay? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply to
roland