940 radio

I just got a 93 940 turbo. Everything fine but the radio Am does not work. FM is fine. Any suggestions. I can repair at the board level if necessary but I dont have a schematic. A schematic would be helpfull as would any suggestions of the bad part.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

This may be off base since I don't know if your AM completely out or just weak. On my 93 945T AM was very weak. The problem was power disconnected to the antenna which is laminated in the Driver side rear quarter window. My antenna (antenna amp?) power was disconnected where the harness has been modified for the aftermarket radio the previous owner has installed. When I powered up the antenna everything worked fine.

Reply to
Howard