98' C70

Hy I have a 97' S40 1.8!!!!!!! Now I wanna sell it and buy a 98' c70 T5!

Whad woul you suggest to watch for by the C70??? Am I doing the right thing???

My S40 has 212000km's and the C70 97000km's

Reply to
noLOGIC

The C70, just like its sisters S/V70 and their predecessor 850, is a very solid, safe, comfortable yet very fast car. With the indicated mileage, assuming it's correct, you shouldn't encounter any serious problems as long as it's maintained correctly. Make sure there's no damage as a result of an accident.

Check the exhaust for blue smoke (at stationary revs and while driving it). That may be an indicator of a worn turbocharger. Occasionally, problems arise with fuelpumps, fuelpump relay's (103) and some sensors under the hood.

Good luck! Marc (1999 V70 2.4 20v 170BHP, LPi + Flashlube)

Reply to
Marc

I took it to my brothers service to check it! he is doing only Alfa-Lancia-Fiat, but says that te car is in great shape, no accident (says the owner too), engine runs perfect, looks very good, regulary serviced!!! intreieur very very good almost as new ;)!!!! And OH MY God it goes as HELL!!!!!!!! I think i take it!!! Good bye S40 - Welcome C70

Reply to
noLOGIC

Oh and BTW Thanks for the hints!!!!

Reply to
noLOGIC

You're most welcome! Enjoy driving it, make sure to maintain it correctly so you can enjoy it for many years to come ;-)

Cheers, Marc

Reply to
Marc