Where are all of the C70 owners?

Being the owner of a 2001 C70 coupe, I'm wondering why I hardly ever see C70 posts here. None out there, or are they just so wonderful, no one has questions or comments (grin).

Reply to
In Vancouver

They are either really good, or the owners are too embarrased. LOL. My personal bet is that they are too good to ask the riff raff about their car !!!!!! Hows yours doing by the way? You lucky dog !!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I found one for you...

and there are more hidding here...

Sammy

Reply to
Rob Guenther

This model was hardly a big sales success for Volvo.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I love mine. Only the two of us, so the rear passenger access problem doesn't apply. The sunroof does gurgle (as others have said) after a heavy rain and over 70 MPH (grin). Fun car to drive though!!!

Reply to
In Vancouver

In terms of sale numbers, the C70 is a total failure. While the S80 is a partial failure in absolute terms. But a complete failure in terms of Volvo's forecast for the S80. It sold something like 10% of what Volvo had anticipated.

Reply to
Sammy

Don't know if it's true or not, but I read that the C70 was too expensive to manufacture.

Reply to
Aleric

There is a C70 Register of the VCOA. They only made about 10,000 a year, if that, so the numbers are against it.

Jeff

1998 C70 T5M (The Saint)

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

I see a few down here in the Bay Area, CA, in fact there's someone tooling around in another saffron just like mine. Someone else in my apartment complex has a black '98.

I love mine, I almost traded up a year or so ago (S60/S80 or Audi) but I couldn't part with it.

Reply to
Joe

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, In Vancouver at snipped-for-privacy@sorry.com wrote on 2/13/04 8:21 PM:

Down here in South Carolina (Hilton Head Island), there are loads of C70 convertibles. This is one of the places in the country which is ideal for convertibles. Extreme South,like Florida, is nowhere near as good because of the brutal summer conditions which discourage top-down motoring. My neighbor immediately across the street has a C70 convertible; I have an S60R, plus a Honda S2000 roadster. 2 seater convertibles are very popular also in this area: BMW Z3/Z4; Mazda Miata; Mercedes C230 etal; Lexus SC430; Audi TT.

Reply to
Joe and Ruth Levy

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, In Vancouver at snipped-for-privacy@sorry.com wrote on 2/13/04 8:21 PM:

Down here in South Carolina (Hilton Head Island), there are loads of C70 convertibles. This is one of the places in the country which is ideal for convertibles. Extreme South,like Florida, is nowhere near as good because of the brutal summer conditions which discourage top-down motoring. My neighbor immediately across the street has a C70 convertible; I have an S60R, plus a Honda S2000 roadster. 2 seater convertibles are very popular also in this area: BMW Z3/Z4; Mazda Miata; Mercedes C230 etal; Lexus SC430; Audi TT.

Reply to
Joe and Ruth Levy

Perhaps it's because all us C70 owners are too busy out enjoying our fantastic looking cars :-p

Having read the rest of the thread, I agree that they are quite rare machines - of all the other cars on the road I might see another C70 perhaps once a month, if that. Of course, when I do see another, we always acknowledge each other with a knowing smile :)

I read somewhere recently that they're discontinuing the C70 Coupe (at least in the UK) but continuing the convertible (every manufacturer has to have a convertible in their range, right ?)

And > Being the owner of a 2001 C70 coupe, I'm wondering why I hardly ever see C70

Reply to
Andrew

fantastic looking cars :-p

machines - of all the other