99 V70 SW headlight problem

we have a 99 V70 SW. the other evening we noticed that the headlights were not working. i turned the switch off then on again. noticed the parking lights came on but the headlights did not. the brights work also. so i am thinking it is the switch. is it difficult to replace? i called the dealer. they want $ 53 for the switch. I s there a relay in the system that may be the problem. any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

cliff ps the car was manufactured in Nov 1998, so it is not covered by the light switch recall.

Reply to
hubmachine

There is a relay in the box where the fuses are, but the headlight switch is a weak spot, even the ones not covered by the recall. Of course the bulbs are also a weak spot, it's possible both low beams are burnt out.

Reply to
Mike F

Check the bulbs first cheaper then replacing the switch

Reply to
G Klein

I just had to have the switch replaced in my '98 V70. I didn't even realize that it was covered by a recall, as Volvo never let me know..... of course, I had my local mechanic replace it - $35 + labor.

Recently also both aux. outlets stopped working.... windshield washer jets in front went and now the rear one isn't working. The car only has 80,000 mi. and is not yet ancient and I feel it's far too soon to have these sorts of problems.... I long for my old '84, which just kept on going, no probs other than normal wear and tear.

Reply to
Kamm2MacD