Accessory Belts on '90 740 GL

What is the best way to change the power steering, alternator, and AC, and fan belts on a '90 740 GL? Do you need to remove the fan? If so, what is the best way to do this? I have a Chilton's manual and it just gives a brief description with no helpful diagrams. Also, where is a good place to buy tensioner hardware? The nut on the tensioner bolt of my power steering pump was frozen. When I attmpted to remove it, it sheared the bolt off.

Finally, is there a web resource that shows a good diagram of all this.

Thanks

Reply to
Ryan B

loveridge

There's no need to remove the fan. The tensioner bolt isn't really necessary, it just makes tensioning the new belt alot easier. It helps to have every short length of 3/8 drive extensions, and I don't see how it would be possible to loosen the rear bolt on the A/C compressor without a universal joint.

Reply to
Mike F