HU-403

Hi

I hope a simple question, I have a Volvo V70 and want to fit a mobile phone kit. I have hit a problem as that i want to remove the stereo and use this for power. So how the hell do i remove the stereo, as it seems to be moulded into the dash. The Volvo in question is a V70 2001 and the stereo is HU-403. If anyone can help this is great.

Regards Niall

Reply to
niall

I can't help you with the physical removal but if you haven't considered it, I'd strongly recommend you use the phone/radio telephone mute interface lead.

It makes fitting an absolute doddle as all you do is unplug the radio and plug the interface cable in between the old connnector and the radio than connect the rest of the interface cable to the phone CPU and wire up the aerial.

The phone kit then uses the front speakers for sound and mutes the radio properly when in use.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Although watch out as there are some leads out there that just use a relay to cut the speaker output and push the phone through them instead leaving the CD player/ tape etc still playing to itself.

This of course is a bodge of the highest order as it is not using the telephone mute facility on the head unit as it should.

On top of that, watch out for the Autoleads branded ones as the quality is dubious to say the least (mine actually melted and then shorted my head unit which was not cheap to replace).

Reply to
Networkguy

Take a look at

try the search button on this site, you will find a answer to yourquestion.

Regerds , Chris

Reply to
Chris Timmerman