Airbag Questions - 1993 940T

I'm about to take delivery of the above, and it will be my first experience with airbags. I'm wondering how the setup on these is - are they highly sensitive like early types, or have they been 'detuned'? TIA, H2Only

Reply to
H2Only

Do you mean if they are the reduced speed airbags, then no (too old, those are pretty new... these ones will slam you good if you aren't wearing a seatbelt, new bags deploy slower if the belt isn't buckled, and the only way to disable these ones if to pull the fuse, some modern cars have a switch)... if you mean for the sensors on the car and how they respond to accidents.... I would like to know this as well, as my family has a 1993

965, so I would imagine the sensors are the exact same.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

"Rob Guenther" spake thusly:

no problems there; I insist on everyone strapping in . . . I feel naked without a belt.

new bags deploy slower if the belt isn't buckled, and the only way

That's what I was interested in - i.e., can they be set off by someone hitting the bumper with a baseball bet, for instance.

H2Only BTW, where are you located? We also have VW in common . . .

Reply to
H2Only

Yes, you are in the watercooled VW group as well aren't you... I am in Ontario Canada (near Toronto).

Well I can tell you that our 960 has hit some stuff at low speed... I backed into a low post (couldn't see it, thought I was fine and had enough room to pull into the space more) once at about 2-5kph, nothing, my mom backed into a wall at about 2-5kph.... she isn't good with backing in... nothing on the front bumper so far. Nothing that set off anything. Friends of ours had a

Reply to
Rob Guenther